Thursday, January 8, 2009

Wow! A rare NHL post!

I really don't write about the NHL much, but this kinda struck my attention, The NHL starters as voted upon by fans:

East
C Sidney Crosby, PIT
C Evgeni Malkin, PIT
RW Alexei Kovalev, MON
D Andrei Markov, MON
D Mike Komisarek, MON
G Carey Price, MON
West
RW Patrick Kane, CHI
C Jonathan Toews, CHI
C Ryan Getzlaf, ANA
D Brian Campbell, CHI
D Scott Niedermayer, ANA
G Jean-Sebastien Giguere, ANA

Wow??? 4 teams represent all of the starters. I guess the PR departments of these teams took the Redskins lead in campaigning their fans to vote and vote again. Unlike the NFL, many (not all) of the undeserving Redskin starters were cancelled out by the player and coaches votes which count the same.

I am pretty sure the fans in Colorado, Minnesota, New York & Boston were thinking to themselves, "You know what would be awesome! If we saw a game between the best (?) players from Anaheim and Chicago vs the best (?) players from Pittsburgh and Montreal!!!" Yeah, I highly doubt that.

This could be the end of fan voting. This is the ultimate Marketing over Performance example and it is quite disgusting. I will not claim to know enough about the NHL to say who is deserving or who isn't, but i am guessing all of the best players in the league are not from these 4 cities.

But I guess, way to go Anaheim, not like you have nice weather to enjoy or something instead of spending 18 hours on the computer voting for Ryan Getzlaf.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fantasysportshumor.blogspot.com is very informative. The article is very professionally written. I enjoy reading fantasysportshumor.blogspot.com every day.
payday loans vancouver
payday loans canada