Saturday, March 8, 2008

Things I Know

This may be a new feature. I just finished watching the NC-Duke game and here are the things i know:

1. Even if both Duke and NC finished 1-24, Dick Vitale would say that they should be ranked in the top ten, should both have a #1 seed in the NCAA tourney and would spout about that Coach K should be coach of the year and here is what he would way to defend that:

"You have to think, these kids are not coming from the top 5% of wealthy families, they are averaging in the 6-8% range, so they had a tough upbringing. Coach K had a tough time this year with their top point guard transferring since he would succumb to his "after hours" in my office fun times rules. Several players were out with hangnails and his top power forward missed eight games because he had to oversee his BMW getting overhauled. THAT'S WHAT I CALL REVVINNG UP BABY!!!!!"

2. Tyler Hansborough is a whiney little bitch. Anytime he is touched or a guy get within 4 feet of him he complains to the officials. Yet he is able to, while 5 players from the other team position themselves for a rebound, crash into them like bowling balls and not get called for a foul, and actually the other team gets called for the foul because of the new "You were standing in Tyler Hansboroughs way and the media loves him but has no idea who you are so you get the foul" rule. I would really love to see them get beat in the first round of March Madness (well actually i root for that every year) just to see how Tyler would react. Would he be afraid to cry so he didn't ruin his makeup for the post game interview, would he just start punching officials or would he start a fight with his teammates saying they didn't pick up the slack for his 2-24 shooting performance. I am getting excited for March Madness.

3. I am also now watching an NBA game. The NBA game doesn't even compare to the college game. There are players pretty much just walking around and letting guys by them for layups/dunks, at most i think i have seen someone jog. I guess when your already making millions of dollars, effort isn't really needed, especially for the people in the stands who are paying my salary. That why i love college basketball, and hate the NBA. I guarantee that the NBA will be the least watched sport in five years. I am not a huge fan of hockey but i will give them credit, they give 100% effort cause they care about winning. In the NBA, not so much, i think i guy will give full effort to improve his stat line when you really needed to make that extra pass to the open guy instead of trying to make a shot from over your head while falling out of bounds.

OK, what i know will return, next will be another commenter manifesto...

No comments: