Wednesday, May 6, 2009

ESPN to Relocate Their HQ From Bristol to Eden Prairie

With the news that Brett Favre may join my, wait, I hate when people say it is 'My' team, I don't own the Vikings, so its not my Minnesota Vikings, it is the Minnesota Vikings, I am going to give you my reasons as to why this is a very bad idea for a Minnesota Viking fan...me.

1.) His stats are good if you are looking for the Starting QB in Bizarro World (or the Anti-Starting QB).

Lets look first at QB Rating. Last year he ranked 21st in the NFL behind the likes of Hall of Famer's Shaun Hill, Seneca Wallace and Elisha Manning. I can understand Hill and Wallace, they are superstars, but he isn't better than Elisha, c'mon. Secondly, he had 22 interceptions. 22! The next closest was another whiny bitch, Cutler, who had 18. I guess whiny bitch is the new rage when looking for a QB in the NFL. Has anyone informed Kiper? Oh wait, the draft is over, he has been cryogenically frozen until September. In a related stat, Favre's interception % is 4.2, a full point higher than any QB with over 350 pass attempts last year.

2.) How would Favre handle being 2nd Fiddle in an offensive plan?

And no, this isn't a reference to a love chain between him, John Madden and Tony Kornheiser, where i hear he doesn't mind being the second fiddle. This is the one that should concern the Vikings the most. Everyone is saying that having Favre will help Adrian Peterson. I think it is the exact opposite. How do you think someone who needs all the attention to be on him, will handle Peterson being the focus of the offense and all the attention (well, except for ESPN who will be introducing the Brett Favre jock cam for telecasts this year. I think it was only because Tony K wanted to install it)? I don't think Favre will handle it too well. So all of the Vikings fans who are thinking Favre is a great thing for this team, wait a few games and you will start to see Favre audibling out of every other running play and Peterson's touches dropping to 10-15 a game.

3.) The supporting cast argument doesn't hold water.

Other than RB, which is better than the Jets, but not as much as people think as the Jets had a very good running game last year and also will be reduced by my points above, the supporting cast isn't much better. If you are trying to tell me that Berrian, Wade, Rice are an upgrade over Coles and Cotcherty, then i have a piece of land to sell you on Shiancoe's cock. It is not an upgrade. Berrian is their equal, Wade is fading, Rice hasn't proven anything and assuming Harvin isn't arrested before camp, he hasn't proven anything.

4.) Watch the film - and no i don't mean Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, though I think a few of those girls have stronger arms.

Granted, I only saw a few clips this morning on ESPN and of course, none of them were his 22 interceptions, but he doesn't have much left. 25% of his passes were 'throw it up and see who catches it' that looked straight out of sandlot football and happen to be TD's. 25% were well underthrown. 25% were dumpoff's to RB's. And I assume the other 25% would have been interceptions but they didn't show them. He is not the old Brett Favre people, well, i guess he is Old Brett Favre.

No comments: